Social Media Strategy at VIA Rail
We did a lot of work on our social media strategy at VIA Rail in the first 3/4 of 2011 – of course, we continue to do a lot of work, but this was the heavy lifting required to launch a social media program, internally and externally, at a large national organization. In the last quarter of the year, we presented our strategic approach at a number of events to a wide variety of individuals and organizations.
I’m sharing this presentation so that you can see our approach from last year. For those who are a bit more advanced, I’m sharing some of our results from our participation in Social Media Week Vancouver 2011 (we’re doing Social Media Week Toronto 2012 in February – join us!), and our plan for becoming a “Social Organization”, a vision we have for the company over the next year. Please feel free to share this presentation with your network, and let me know if it helps you get things kicked off, or better yet, moves things into high gear for 2012!
- @Phrystile I mean... did you see the Golden Magnifying Glass in the picture? You think losers get the Golden Magnifying Glass?? 7 months ago
- @Phrystile Definitely an awesome side benefit! Also, it was all worth it because we won! https://t.co/7D6VpIRyeY 7 months ago
- @UrbanCapers hanging with my wolfpack, finished with time to spare #team1 #teampeterwouldnotletuslose #urbancapers https://t.co/t9pSlX7G43 7 months ago
- @UrbanCapers #Team1 is now officially Team Peter Would Not Let Us Lose, in honour of our fiercely competitive yet s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 months ago
- @urbancapers #team1 #urbancapers who moved our cheese?! https://t.co/8mAaS4LvmX 7 months ago