We did a lot of work on our social media strategy at VIA Rail in the first 3/4 of 2011 – of course, we continue to do a lot of work, but this was the heavy lifting required to launch a social media program, internally and externally, at a large national organization. In the last quarter of the year, we presented our strategic approach at a number of events to a wide variety of individuals and organizations.
I’m sharing this presentation so that you can see our approach from last year. For those who are a bit more advanced, I’m sharing some of our results from our participation in Social Media Week Vancouver 2011 (we’re doing Social Media Week Toronto 2012 in February – join us!), and our plan for becoming a “Social Organization”, a vision we have for the company over the next year. Please feel free to share this presentation with your network, and let me know if it helps you get things kicked off, or better yet, moves things into high gear for 2012!
Ever wonder what it’s like to put together a social media policy? Or how to organize a governance structure for social media in your organization? What about the steps you can take to get buy-in from the executive team?
I’ll be answering these questions, and any others you may have, on Tuesday, December 13th. At 1:30 P.M. EST, the Conference Board of Canada will be hosting a webinar with yours truly, where I’ll share the story behind VIA Rail Canada’s social media strategy.
For all of the details, including how to register, click here: Dec 13 Social Media Strategy Development Webinar
Have any questions you want me to address? Throw them in the comments section below! Hope you can make it!
- [Blog post] Delightful AI from Google Doodles richardmarginson.com/2019/03/22/del… 2 years ago
- Compose your own Bach-inspired tunes with the first ever AI-powered #GoogleDoodle! #BachDoodle g.co/doodle/dm4h63 2 years ago
- Happy #PiDay to all my fellow nerds. Strawberry rhubarb is the best. Prove me wrong, internet. Prove me wrong. 2 years ago
- @Phrystile I mean... did you see the Golden Magnifying Glass in the picture? You think losers get the Golden Magnifying Glass?? 2 years ago
- @Phrystile Definitely an awesome side benefit! Also, it was all worth it because we won! https://t.co/7D6VpIRyeY 2 years ago